Brands Hatch Pole Position
Brands Hatch opens with a pole position and a podium finish for Buildbase BMW Motorrad.
2011 Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Champion Richard Cooper has qualified in pole position for the final round of the season at Brands Hatch. In addition, Richard ran the team’s British Superbike S 1000 RR in the Q1 session, running in the top 20 before a technical fault meant he had to retire.
Barry Burrell, the team’s BSB-EVO rider, took a third place in the first of the weekend’s three EVO races, which sees him consolidating his third place in the highly competitive series.
Richard Cooper said: “It’s been a busy weekend, but we’ve got the pole position for the final race, which is fantastic. Hopefully we can end the year with a great result tomorrow. Things were looking good on the BSB bike, but a technical issue in Q1 meant I had to retire. We’ve decided to concentrate on the Superstock race tomorrow, so I won’t be running in BSB.”
Stuart Hicken, team principal, said: “It’s been a difficult week but we’ve come through. Following the theft of most of the team’s tools and spare parts, and two of our race bikes which were thankfully spotted and recovered, the team have been working flat out to get us in a position to race. Unfortunately, our lack of resources means we won’t be able to get the BSB bike ready to race tomorrow.
“However both Richard and Barry have both done very well today. Barry fought back from a bad start to take yet another podium. And Richard’s pole position puts him in the best possible place to deliver another great race and, hopefully, end the season on a high.”
Tomorrow’s racing will be broadcast live on British Eurosport 2 from 12:30pm.
Superstock 1000 qualifying results
1) Richard Cooper (Buildbase BMW Motorrad)
2) Victor Cox (Blackhorse Kawasaki)
3) David Johnson (Carbontek BMW)
4) Danny Buchan (MSS Kawasaki)
5) Joe Burns (Primo Kawasaki)
Superstock 1000 championship standings
1) 190.5pts – Richard Cooper (Buildbase BMW Motorrad)
2) 144pts - Danny Buchan (MSS Kawasaki)
3) 130pts - Luke Quigley (Astro BMW)
4) 116pts - Tristan Palmer (GBMoto Honda)
5) 104pts - Howie Mainwaring (MSS Kawasaki)
BSB-EVO race one results
1) Graeme Gowland (WFR Honda)
2) Glen Richards (WFR Honda)
3) Barry Burrell (Buildbase BMW Motorrad)
4) Patric Muff (Tyco Honda)
5) Karl Harris (Splitlath Aprilia)
BSB-EVO championship standings
1) 423pts - Glen Richards (WFR Honda)
2) 346pts - Graeme Gowland (WFR Honda)
3) 306pts - Barry Burrell (Buildbase BMW Motorrad)
4) 259pts - Patric Muff (Tyco Honda)
5) 228pts - Scott Smart (Moto Rapido Ducati)
Vines BMW Bikes
Vines Motorrad have branches in Guildford and Caterham, Surrey. Keep up with news, offers and events by following us on Twitter @VinesBMWBikes and on Facebook.
posted by motortradesolutions.net at 14:01