F 700 GS & F 800 GS
The new F 800 GS combines suitability for road use and touring with superior off-road qualities, bringing the two worlds together to an extent not previously seen in this class of motorcycle.
By contrast, the new F 700 GS is geared more towards motorcyclists who do not yet need quite the same level of off-road expertise. Its strengths are a lower seating height, all-round capabilities for everyday use and more than sufficient power while also offering outstanding economy. The F 700 GS also boasts a modest, yet noticeable, increase in both power and torque on the F 650 GS it replaces, as well as adds a second brake disc at the front.
Both the 2013 F 700 GS and F 800 GS will feature ABS as standard. BMW Motorrad’s new ‘Safety 360ÃÂº' initiative means that all BMW motorcycles from the model year 2013 onwards will come with ABS as standard, significantly pre-empting the requirement for ABS for new registered motorcycles in Europe likely to be introduced in 2016.
BMW Motorrad has begun the next chapter of the GS success story with the updated versions of these two successful adventure-sports motorcycles. From creating the class with the legendary R 80 G/S in 1980, to the very latest additions to the GS range, BMW Motorrad is consistently focusing on building on the characteristic strengths of the GS and refining the concept of the adventure motorcycle.
A provisional Launch date for the BMW F 700 GS & F 800 GS here in the UK is September 2012, with prices to be announced later in the year.
Technical highlights of the BMW F 700 GS & F 800 GS:
The latest generation of BMW Motorrad two-channel ABS as standard.
- Double disc brake system at front - now also for F 700 GS.
- Automatic Stability Control ASC (factory fit option).
- Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA (factory fit option). ESA on the F-series models features electronically adjustable rebound.
- Rear spring mount can be adjusted via optimised handwheel.
- Newly designed body features in a more dynamic, masculine look.
- New handlebar switch units and brake fluid containers, front.
- Cockpit with new dial faces for speedometer and engine speed display and an extended range of information.
- Smoke grey turn indicators and smoke grey LED rear light glass covering.
- Power reduction to 35 kW (48 bhp) (factory fit option).
- Engine map adjustment for regular fuel (RON 91) (factory fit option).
- Comfort seat (factory fit option).
- Case carrier for Vario case (factory fit option).
- New centre stand (factory fit option).
- Enduro footrests, wide (special accessory).
Technical highlights of the BMW F 700 GS:
Increased output and torque as compared to predecessor model: 75bhp (55 kW) at 7,300 rpm (F 650 GS: 71bhp (52 kW) at 7,000 rpm).
- New paint finishes: Red apple metallic, Ostra grey metallic matt and Glacier silver metallic.
- New windshield.
- New handlebar clamp.
- New paint finishes: Kalamata metallic matt, Cordoba blue and Alpine white 3.
- New lowered suspension (factory fit option).
- LED auxiliary headlight (special accessory).
BMW F 800 GS: BMW F 700 GS:
85 bhp / 63 kW 75 bhp/55 kW
USD telescopic fork Conventional telescopic fork
Progressive damping spring strut Gas pressure spring strut
Spoke wheels Cast wheels
21-inch front wheel 19-inch front wheel
Aluminium handlebar Steel handlebar
880/850 mm seat height 820/790 mm seat height
For further information on the new F 700 GS or F 800 GS please click here.
posted by motortradesolutions.net at 16:07