BMW Motorrad has introduced its new F 800 GT middleweight tourer and three 90 Years Special Edition models - the R 1200 GS Adventure, R 1200 RT and R 1200 R, to celebrate the manufacturer's momentous 90th year in 2013. The new motorcycles were unveiled during a press conference at the EICMA 70th Salone Internationale del Motociclo in Milan.
BMW F 800 GT.
The new F 800 GT, which replaces the highly successful F 800 ST, sets a new benchmark for middleweight touring motorcycles. The 'Gran Tourismo' model is offered with a comprehensive range of high-specification options, bringing innovations including Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) and traction control to the middleweight touring class for the first time.
The F 800 GT offers an unprecedented balance of long-range comfort, optimised ergonomics and dynamic handling with the fuel economy, lower weight and value for money synonymous with the range of 800cc parallel-twin BMW motorcycles.
- Punchy, economical 798cc parallel twin engine making 90bhp (66kW), an increase of 5bhp over the F 800 ST.
- Adapted ergonomics for increased touring comfort with higher handlebars, repositioned footrests and enhanced seating comfort for both rider and passenger.
- Newly designed fairing and body panels for further improved wind and weather protection.
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC) and Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) as factory-fitted options.
- The latest generation of BMW Motorrad ABS, now as standard.
- New, lighter wheels and revised suspension for improved stability, dynamic handling and rider comfort.
- Optional all-new hard luggage system, featuring panniers and a top box.
- Power reduction to 48bhp (35 kW) available.
To celebrate nine decades of innovation, passion and adventure, BMW Motorrad has created three '90 Year Special Edition' motorcycles. The three models - the R 1200 GS Adventure, R 1200 RT tourer and R 1200 R roadster - all feature a Boxer-twin engine, the same layout used in the very first BMW motorcycle: the 1923 R32.
The three 90 Years Special Edition models feature a subtle, refined overall paintscheme in Sapphire black metallic, with fork legs and brake callipers anodised in gold, echoing the classic BMW Motorrad 'black and gold' paintschemes. All three also feature an exclusive nickel-plated and polished brass plate, bearing the inscription "90 Jahre BMW Motorrad"
For more information click here.
The first opportunity to see 2013 models was in the UK at Motorcycle Live.
The F 800 GT and 90 Years Special Edition models join the recently unveiled, all-new R 1200 GS, HP4 supersport motorcycle, new F 700 GS and revised F 800 GS. The full 2013 range will made its UK debut at the Motorcycle Live show, held on 24 November - 02 December 2012, at the NEC in Birmingham.
posted by motortradesolutions.net at 13:01