BMW F 800 GS Adventure
BMW Motorrad reinforces domination of the adventure-sport class with new F 800 GS Adventure.
New 800cc model brings the ‘GS Adventure’ experience to middleweight category.
The new BMW F 800 GS Adventure
BMW Motorrad has introduced the new F 800 GS Adventure, setting a new benchmark for mid-size adventure-sport motorcycles. Following in the tradition of the iconic boxer-powered GS Adventure models, the F 800 GS Adventure offers the authentic ‘GS Adventure experience’ in this segment for the very first time.
Based on the class-defining middleweight F 800 GS, the new Adventure model delivers an unmatched combination of agility, touring practicality and off-road capability. It also offers an ‘enduro’ riding mode, which alters the suspension, traction control and ABS settings, for optimal off-road riding at the touch of a button.
In addition to the standard model, which costs just £9,650 OTR, a UK-exclusive edition – the F 800 GS Adventure Travel – featuring a high level of factory-fitted options as standard, will be available for £10,535 OTR.
The F 800 GS Adventure will be arriving in BMW Motorrad UK dealerships on 15 June, with a demonstration model available for test rides at every dealer.
BMW F 800 GS Adventure highlights at a glance:
- Punchy and economical 798cc parallel twin motor making 85bhp and 83 Nm.
- Enhanced off-road and touring potential over the F 800 GS.
- BMW Motorrad ABS as standard.
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC) as a factory-fitted option.
- ‘Enduro riding mode’ as factory-fitted option.
- Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) as a factory-fitted option.
- Robust and iconic GS Adventure bodywork styling.
- A 50 per cent larger fuel tank (from 16 to 24 litres), extending range by approx. 75 miles.
- Reinforced rear subframe to accommodate larger fuel tank and greater luggage load. Engine protection bar and pannier rack as standard.
- Wider seat, large windscreen and enduro footrests for enhanced comfort.
- Available in Sandrover Matt and Racing Red.
- Wide range of special accessories and optional extras.
- £9,650 OTR.
BMW F 800 GS Adventure Travel edition.
The F 800 GS Adventure will also be available as a UK-exclusive special edition, featuring a range of factory-fitted options as standard. The F 800 GS Adventure Travel features:
- Automatic Stability Control.
- Enduro off-road riding mode.
- Heated Grips.
- LED Auxilliary Headlights.
- On-board Computer.
- Centre Stand.
- Optional off-road tyres.
- £10,535 OTR.
BMW F 800 GS Adventure.
The F 800 GS Adventure is powered by the punchy, economical 798cc twin-cylinder engine featured in the F 800 GS, developing unchanged maximum power of 85bhp (63 kW) at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque of 83 Nm at 5,750 rpm.
To make long distance travel and exploration even easier, the Adventure model’s 24-litre fuel tank is fifty per cent larger than the F 800 GS, while the rear subframe has been reinforced to accommodate the additional weight of the larger fuel tank and optional new aluminium panniers and top box. A taller screen and wider seat add to the all-day comfort of the F 800 GS Adventure.
Every 2013 BMW model, including the Adventure, is equipped with BMW Motorrad’s ABS as standard. Additional performance and safety enhancing systems, including Automatic Stability Control (ASC) and Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA), are available as factory-fitted options.
The F 800 GS Adventure is also available with an optional ‘Enduro mode’ feature. At the press of a button the rider can increase the slip threshold of the ABS and ASC systems, giving the Adventure a more exciting and performance-focused riding mode for off-road terrain.
posted by Anonymous at 17:36