BMW Motorrad Days
The first weekend in July (4-6 July 2014) is the time when the BMW Motorrad family comes together again, the extended family of all those who are related not by blood but by engine fuel. The BMW Motorrad Days is the biggest BMW Motorrad meeting in the world, and it is quite astounding when you realise just how warm and cordial the whole event has remained throughout its fourteen-year existence. Everyone is welcome in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and any type of vehicle too, from pushchair to two-wheelers of all types, including some who will be making their way on one of the beloved original BMW R 50 motorcycles.
This year BMW Motorrad will be celebrating 90 Years of Championships and Titles in the Classic tent. Jewels from the BMW archives document the successful beginnings, starting with the BMW R37 at the first German Championship in 1924 in the Eifel and Solitude races, the victories of the 'cast-iron' Schorsch Meier at the European Championships in 1938 and the victory on the Isle of Man in 1939, the first Senior TT event won by a non-British entrant. The sidecar successes of the flat-twin boxer engine between 1954 and 1974 are also shown, as is the first AMA Superbike race in 1976, won by Reg Pridmore riding a BMW R 90, a bike that still commands much respect today. Rally images from the 1980s illustrate the rebirth of BMW Motorrad as a sporting force. The journey through time comes to an end with the recent successes in the SBK and Superstock events achieved by the BMW S 1000 RR. There will also be sales of historic parts in the tent, along with the stands of BMW Motorrad clubs from all over the world and experts from the BMW Group archive to have expert talks.
Displays: Reduced gravity – plenty of burning rubber
- Our multiple stunt world champion Chris Pfeiffer will again be presenting a whole battery of his latest tricks on his BMW F 800 R. Chris got a grade A in sports but only a D in physics. He still hasn't realised that what he does is not actually possible.
- World-record precision rider Russ Swift demonstrates how to make a Mini drift into a parking space or how to drive it on two wheels just like a motorcycle.
- By popular request from last year's event, the oldest travelling motorcycle wall of death show in the wooden Motodrom will commence every half an hour this year. Yes, we do listen to suggestions from visitors.
- The fashion show of BMW rider equipment demonstrates just how good functional safety clothing looks these days. Never before was it possible to get rider clothes like these.
- The Classic Boxer Sprint will once again be taking place in 2014. Details of the event will be published shortly.
Party: camp fire, white beer, and rock 'n' roll
- This is how we party in Bavaria: a huge tent with big beer glasses and great live music. The Octoberfest-tested 'Gerry & Gary' will be supplying party spirits in the beer tent on Friday evening along with the 'Blechblos‘n', while on Saturday evening it will be time to get up on the benches.
- American alternative: 'Dreirad' will be rocking all over the US Lodge on Friday and Saturday, with able support from 'Los Gringos on the Saturday.
- Alternative for all age groups: camp fire music with Byron. Every regular visitor to the BMW Motorrad Days has to sing the Pippi Longstocking song with Byron at least once in his lifetime.
- Protected from the weather beneath the 'Magic Sky', 'Carlos and the Bandidos' are being flown in from England especially for this event, to be our guests on Friday evening in the Motodrom. On Saturday evening it will be the turn of 'Velvetone“, named Germany's best roots rock band by the German Rolling Stone magazine.
- Music when you sleep and music when you wake: on Sunday morning it is time for the 'Metropolitan Jazz Band' from Prague, who will be providing the accompaniment for the jazz breakfast.
- And don't forget: this year there will again be a free warm up party on Thursday, 3 July at the BMW Museum in Munich: DJs and live music against the backdrop of all the great bikes at BMW Welt.
Motorcycling with and without tarmac and with or without a licence
- Test ride all the models in the BMW Motorrad 2014 range. Ride the current R 1200 GS or the new R 1200 RT! Experience the
- BMW R nineT live! You can book your place in advance from June by going to: www.bmw-motorrad.com/probefahrt
- Guided panoramic enduro tours through the forests around the Hausberg near Garmisch, riding your own bike. To reserve a place, just go to the tour tent at the event.
- Enduro Park with loan bikes from the GS model series. BMW knows what these bikes are capable of. Doubters can find out for themselves.
- Ride without a licence in an enclosed area under the supervision of a motorcycling instructor. Many have undergone the transition from passenger to rider here at past events.
- Big parades: On the Sunday, the convoy of classic BMW motorcycles displays living history; as always, on the Saturday, it is time for the great parade for all guests, whatever motorcycle they have.
Infrastructure: essential information about the BMW Motorrad Days site
- More than 80 exhibitors will be presenting their products, services, activities and skills. Anyone who has anything to do with BMW Motorrad will be available here in Garmisch. A complete list of exhibitors will follow shortly.
- We will be showing presentations by Michael Martin and other GS world travellers in the BMW Motorrad Cinema.
- There will be a 15,000 square metre campsite alongside the festival site, which we have provided for our guests, including shower and toilet facilities (the charge is 7.50 Euros per tent for the duration of the event). If you prefer a more permanent roof over your head, then book in good time.
Further information, followed shortly by the full events programme, will be available in the Internet from:
www.bmw-motorrad.com/motorraddays and www.facebook.com/bmw.motorrad.
Labels: Bike event
posted by motortradesolutions.net at 11:44