BMW F 800 R.
BMW Motorrad presents the new BMW F 800 R.
Visual makeover for the 2-cylinder roadster.
Munich. Since its market launch in May 2009, the BMW F 800 R has provided impressive agility, sporty performance figures and light-footed handling combined with very low fuel consumption. In time for the start of 2012, the small BMW Motorrad roadster is to be given a visual makeover. Technically speaking, the new F 800 R will retain its well proven concept.
The engine is still the liquid-cooled parallel twin with 4-valve technology and a capacity of 798 cc. The highly distinctive engine provides impressive pulling power, a spontaneous response and a low level of fuel consumption. The engine output is 64 kW/87 bhp at 8000 rpm, producing a torque of 86 Nm at 6000 rpm.
The new BMW F 800 R is available in three colour combinations. While Alpine white/Black satin gloss stands for uncompromising dynamic performance, Magma red/White aluminium metallic matt is sporty and provocative in style. Meanwhile Mineral silver metallic gives the new
F 800 R a refined, technological touch.
The price in Germany is 8,400. - euros incl. 19 % VAT.
The market launch date for Europe is December 2011.
An overview of highlights of the new BMW F 800 R.
- Compact, sporty naked bike with high level of riding dynamics and agility.
- Liquid-cooled parallel twin with a capacity of 798 cc, 4-valve technology, DOHC cam follower valve drive and unique mass balancing.
- Output 64 kW/87 bhp at 8000 rpm, torque 86 Nm at 6000 rpm.
- Excellent pulling power for maximum riding fun on country roads.
- Manifold injection with electronic engine control.
- Torsionally stiff aluminium frame and dual swing arm.
- Dry weight/road-ready weight: 177/199 kg.
- Fuel tank positioned under seat for optimum centre of gravity.
- High-performance Brembo brake system, optionally with
BMW Motorrad ABS.
- New: Newly designed front side trim sections in body colour.
- New: Front mudguards in body colour.
- New: Spring of rear spring strut finished in red.
- New: Sport windshield in body colour (now as standard).
- New: White direction indicators (now as standard).
- New: Colour combinations in Alpine white/Black satin gloss, Magma red/ White aluminium metallic matt and Mineral silver metallic.
Vines BMW Bikes
Vines Motorrad have branches in Guildford and Caterham, Surrey. Keep up with news, offers and events by following us on Twitter @VinesBMWBikes and on Facebook.
posted by motortradesolutions.net at 11:20